ArtFlow 2.0 is here! After (a bit too) long development period we are (finally) proud to present new version. There are a lot of changes both in user interface and underlying painting and layer engine. Notable new features include:
- New, material design inspired UI, with new workflow
- sRGB support
- Selection and selection mask (selection tools include lasso and magic wand)
- New brush engine with multiple new features
- Universal brush support: each drawing tools uses brushes
- Non-incremental flow
- 64-bit smudge engine
- Per-brush blend mode
- New transformation with deform support
- Canvas rotation
- Device orientation support (portrait/landscape)
- Focal guide
ArtFlow 2.0 is faster and support more layer (up to 16 4K layers on some devices), what’s more important we have a bunch of new features queued and with this massive rewrite out of way we hope to release them in regular intervals (there are two items already in development brush editor and gradient/pattern fill tools).
We’ve integrated Samsung’s PEN.UP social network SDK with ArtFlow.
PEN.UP is vibrant and lively community of mobile digital artist from around globe and now you can efforthlessly upload your work to PEN.UP directly from ArtFlow (either through share dialog or directly from gallery).
PEN.UP showcases some truly unique creation and can be source of inspiration so we encourage to take a look and become a member if you aren’t one already.
Version v1.5.65 brings refined label based gallery management as well as tons of stability fixes (notably better memory management which smooths things when working on very large projects).
We proudly present ArtFlow v1.5, first phone compatible release. We designed special interface for small factor devices that is compact but accessible and offers the same features as tablet counterpart.
…that sums up to big release. We started rollout of ArtFlow v1.4.9, this version contains a lot of under the hood changes:
- New stroke blending – no more artifacts with low opacity or low flow brushes (and thus much smoother and better looking airbrushes)
- Hires canvas optimization – large images are now much faster and available on wider range of devices (including Nexus 7 2013)
- Memory management optimization – which means more layer (eg. Nexus 10 supports now 3 layers in 4K)
- Tons of small (but useful) UI changes (fine-tune controls, left handed UI, new shortcuts and more).
This is staged release meaning that only subset of user will receive it initially (we want to make sure that this new version is rock solid on wide range of available devices and this is the best way to assure high quality).
ArtFlow v1.3.110 is live in Play store (Amazon pending). This version brings support of Android 4.4 (KitKat) features – immersive mode (fullscreen) and new document import framework. This version also contains important fixes for images export (critical for 4K canvas export) and reduced memory usage.
We’ve just published v1.3.76 with Spanish and German localization. Many thanks to David Mingorance and Stefan Fuchs for their help.
New update v1.3.59 is available in Google Play and Amazon Appstore. While there are few user facing features (like new shortcuts configuration and better PSD export) the big change is under a hood: new history (undo) queue code. It’s faster, requires less memory and thanks to this we could enable 4K (4096×4096) canvas on capable devices (currently Nexus 10, Note 10.1 2014, Tegra 4 devices, Fire HDX).
New release v1.3.22 is available in Play store (Amazon pending review). This version brings layer alpha channel lock, brush engine enhancements (and new brushes using them – crayons, pastels, tube, if anyone counting ArtFlow now has 70+ different tools). There is bunch of smaller UI additions (eraser dynamics, pivot control for transformations) and as always number of fixes.